3rd European Monitoring Conference NetWBL “Work-based Learning 2020”
The 3rd and final European Monitoring Conference “Work-based Learning 2020” of the network NetWBL took place from 28 to 29 June 2016 in Berlin.
The contribution of work-based learning in supporting youth employment and economic competitiveness is widely recognised. Countries with strong and attractive Vocational Education and Training (VET) systems, and notably those with well-established apprenticeship systems, tend to perform better in terms of youth employment.
Therefore NetWBL aims to strengthen work-based learning (WBL) elements in existing VET systems and Higher Education and to support apprenticeships in particular. The main output of the network is the WBL – TOOLKIT (www.wbl-toolkit.eu) which makes results of EU funded best practice projects from Lifelong Learning Programme and Erasmus+ Programme on this topic more visible. NetWBL addresses the key actors involved in WBL in each European country taking into account the different VET and Higher Education systems and legislative regulations. Furthermore, NetWBL supports the European Alliance for Apprenticeships.
“What happened in the world of WBL?” and “What are trends in the future?” were the leading questions of both conference days. More than 220 participants from 29 EU countries were actively engaged in exciting discussions about developments in WBL and needs for the future within the framework of the European Skills Agenda. The participants represented the European Alliance for Apprenticeship (EAfA), enterprises, social partners, education providers, as well as national and European politics. Representatives of the European Commission, of the CEDEFOP, and of the EACEA provided background information about the topic WBL. A wide range of transnational projects were presented and their project results discussed in workshops and on the “market place”.
The conference ended with precise recommendations regarding the further design of the Erasmus+ programme.
Information on the Conference
- Programme (PDF, 2385 kB)
- Conference Broshure (PDF, 387 kb)
- Compendium (Description of projects) (PDF, 1 MB)
- Thematic Network Work-based Learning and Apprenticeships – NetWBL: Results, challenges and solutions (Ulrike Engels, National Agency at BIBB) (PDF, 753 kb)
- Key note: Progress in Work-based Learning in Europe (Alexandra Dehmel, Cedefop) (PDF, 1 MB)
- GoToWorkInEurope – Governance and Tools for Work-Based Learning in Europe – Sara Frontini (Noviter, IT) (PDF, 869 kb)
- EU-DualS – European Dual System – Stefan Moritz (European Entrepreneurs CEA-PME, BE) (PDF, 538 kb)
- Common Learning Outcome for Construction Managers in EU, part IV – Pawel Nowak (Warsaw University of Technology, PL) (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- MBAIC – Postgraduate European Common Studies in Construction Project Management – Jerzy Roslon (Warsaw University of Technology, PL) (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- WOODUAL – Wood sector and Dual Learning for Youth Employment and Skills – Claudio Dondi (SOPHIA, IT) (PDF, 272 kb)
- TRAM-WBL Engaging SMEs for Quality Transnational WBL experiences – Enrico Bressan (Fondazione Centro Produttività Veneto – CPV, IT) (PDF, 738 kb)
- Dual apprenticeship experimentation for the Professional Qualification – Nicola Alimenti (APRO Formazione, IT) (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- EREIVET network – European Regions Enhancing Internationalization of Vocational Education and Training – Barbara Paulmann (Ministry of Education of Lower Saxony, DE) (PDF, 229 kb)
There are no images in this gallery.